strange catterpillar

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange catterpillar

whist picking some broad beans this morning,i spoted a very strange furry one,ugh,it seemed to be the only 1,have just googled it,it's apparently a Rusty Tussock moth - cat,never seen one before,have you.
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 11-07-2008, 03:33 PM.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Oh, that's a handsome fella http://www.ephotozine.com/u67918/gallery/921063
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

That's icky.
      Never seen one of those before
      "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

Ooh, that's a groovy lookin' little fellow! Wouldn't want him in my garden though. I'd be a bit scared to touch him. I'm a bit girly when it comes to caterpillars.

Comment

He/she is gorgeous, but I have just read that his Mum is wingless - never realised that there was such a thing as a wingless moth. Apparently their diet is pine needles.

Comment

i don't know what it was doing on my lottie as we don't have any pine trees near,and wingless eh,nature.
            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Just realised what this thread was about, I found one too, and posted under 'the vapourer'. Apparently, on the site I found, they eat many trees and shrubs native to the UK. My one was happily munching raspberry leaves. I relocated him to some wild hawthorn, hopefully he'll do OK.
              I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
              Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X