ladybirds and hoverflies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ladybirds and hoverflies

i have planted nasturtiums, poached eggs, english and french marigolds. we have been vistited by loads of bees but as of yet no ladybirds and hoverflies i have loads of blackfly starting to appear along with greenfly and aphids

any one else not seeing ladybirds and hoverflies
    my plot march 2013http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvzqRS0_hbQ

hindsight is a wonderful thing but foresight is a whole lot better

I ve seen loads of hoverflies and a few ladybirds and loads of bloomin Wasps!!!!
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

We've had a couple of hover flies but no lady birds

Comment

just seen a few ladybirds this week, they were round the osteospermum plants

Comment

They'll come out when the sun does ... I have a few around, larvae too. But not thousands yet. The larvae seem to all be on aphidless plants (plants that don't even suffer from aphids) so I have been moving them onto my roses and broadies. No point moving the adults, they just fly away again.

Come on, sunshine!
          Last edited by Two_Sheds; 14-06-2008, 09:25 AM.
          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

i had one ladybird last week ........ i put it on my rose bush, it ate its fill then flew away :-(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X