Bats Close up!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bats Close up!

Just an observation.I grow Nicotina plants at the edge of patio,to attract moths and insects of an evening and this attracts the bats which fly literally inches above my head and we get hundreds of them every evening,could watch them for hours.
    The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

How lovely and what a wonderful experience!
    I once had a job in a remote country house and the summer evening and nights were full of swallows ,bats and tawny owls teaching their babies how to hunt. Also,later in the year the wild and thrilling sound of rutting deer.
    Those memories have stayed with me and cheered me on many an occasion.

Comment

Cloud, you are so lucky, we only have one or two bats, but they do fly very close sometimes
      Mr HF put my bat box up yesterday. Who knows maybe we will be lucky!

Comment

Whatyou need to do is grow plants with a strong evening scent to attract nocturnal insects and then the bats will turn up in there droves.Just remember I live in a city!
        The greatness comes not when things go always good for you,but the greatness comes when you are really tested,when you take,some knocks,some disappointments;because only if youv'e been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain.

Comment

I put up a bat box 2 years ago and I think it is occupied because there are droppings directly beneath it. But I have yet to see one fly out. I need a bat detector but they are not cheap.
          Mark

Vegetable Kingdom blog

Comment

We get bats flying round the 15' square back yard, literally at about 5' up! Its wonderful to see them, especially when you are sat out with the BBQ!
            Blessings
            Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
            Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
            Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
            On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

A bat related question.....

My bat box is quite near the sat dish.....????? what do you think????
              Not much choice really.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X