Baby Robin

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby Robin

Over the last three days, I've had the most beautiful little bird hovering around by my shed. After googling I think it must be a young robin, he/she is golden brown with each feather tipped in ochre. There is no parent bird obvious at all. It can fly but spends most of the time on the ground lurking under my hawthorn bushes.
    It seems quite fearless and when I'm sitting down for lunch hops around my feet and has even been in the shed, found a dropped chicken pellet and gave it a nibble and found it preferred dried mealworms after all.
    It also does a very alarming sunbathe, at least that's what I think it's doing, crouching down and splaying both wings forward.
    There is a question in all this, how old do you think it is?
    Sue

Hi Sue, baby Robins do all the usual Robin behaviour. They are quite speckled. The parents are usually around - last year I watched them all lined up at the bird feeder, on the ground, beaks wide open, and the parents stuffing them. Any chance of a pic ? Enjoy !

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

just seen a robin again this morning in next doors bird feeder and then my patio awww
      joanne geldard

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X