Please help save British honey bees!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help save British honey bees!

Hi everyone, readying Headfry's post made me think about the email my Dad sent me yesterday (he's a beekeeper). Headfry i'm so glad your bees are well.

I'm just going to copy it below, i hope you will all sign the petition to save our bees, they are so vitally important to our food, countryside, wildlife and more.

PLEASE HELP SAVE HONEY BEES by adding your name to the online petition or by sending a letter.

There has been much in the media concerning the threats to the population of honey bees. Government has reduced the previous funding to assist research into the health of honey bees to a paltry £200,000 per annum despite the significant contribution by the industry to the economy. The British BeeKeepers Association is seeking an increase to just £1.6 million a year.

The simplest way to express your concerns is to complete the Downing Street petition via the link:

Petition to: fund scientific research into maintaining UK Bee stocks.
    Further information is on the BBKA website:Honey Bee Health at Risk!

Please help this campaign and help to ensure the survival of our bees.

If you would also like to write to your MP, I have a standard letter that was attached to this email and i can send it to ayone who wants it - or can post it here and you can copy it. there is also a leaflet if anyone wants it.
    There's vegetable growing in the family, but I must be adopted
    Happy Gardening!

That's outrageous - I love the industrious honey bee!! Consider me onboard...

Comment

I signed it already as it is a very important cause.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Hi,

I signed it too.

Thanks for the link Protea.

Comment

Hi Protea, I have already posted a link, of which many kind and caring grapes have signed!
          Thank you for your link also, It all helps.
          I do worry for the bees, all wildlife in general really! It's tough times wherever you look.
          Thanks again Protea
          Last edited by Headfry; 08-05-2008, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Just signed. Hope we can make a difference.

Comment

bee shortage

Hi

I have only seen a few bees this year. Should there be lots by now?

After this nice spot of weather there are lots of dandelions flowering on the uncut grass, but no bees.
              I may even have seen more butterflies than bees.
              Does anyone know what percentage of plants are pollinated by bees?

T

Comment

I signed it, thanks for the link
                My rabbit- for pruning the apple tree

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X