X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby toad

It was like Nature Watch in my garden this weekend
    Attached Files

Aw! FoxhillGardener, thanks for the pic. A lovely baby toad.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I disturbed 2 toads and a frog when grubbing goose-grass from around some shrubs yesterday. "All the slugs you can eat, lads!" I offered.
      Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I've found little Frogs but no Toads yet.
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

First spring in this garden and (touch wood) had very little slug damage so far, so he and all his mates seem to be doing the job

Comment

ahhh so cute FoxHill, perfect!

Comment

Hey! I found one of those in my garden too I was so excited because we have no water/pond because of the kids- but I've got a toad!!! I found him will weeding so I hope i haven't disturbed him too much.

Comment

aw, he's lovely.

Comment

i've got a photo of a toad in my garden last year (will try to upload)...and I was surprised to find him even though I've no pond etc. My bro says that's not a major requirement for a toad...i disturbed him and he dug his hind legs into the soil and basically hid himself, totally camouflaged! i sprayed him with water just in case...but he disappeared!
                  "A cat sees no good reason why it should obey another animal, even if it does stand on two legs."

Comment

For some years now we have had two or three toads who spend their time with us, apart from the breeding season - I have intended to construct a deep pond in the hope that they might breed here, but so far I haven't found enough time. Perhaps this winter ! Last night when I went out on my nightly slug hunt, I met Mr Toad, and I told him how glad I was to see him. I am about to go out for my nightly hunt, but I hope that I will find that Toad has given me a hand. Perhaps I will meet his buddies tonight.
                    Last edited by Tam; 08-05-2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X