No announcement yet.

Bee keeping courses / advice

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just remember Crichmond, no matter how good the course is the bees won't have been on it
    ntg
    Never be afraid to try something new.
    Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
    A large group of professionals built the Titanic
    ==================================================

Comment

Nick, I'm sure my girls went on the same course as me, They seem to do the exact oposite to what they, as per course, should be doing I also think that they have read all the same books as I, again then set out to completely baffle me by not doing as the book/course states!
      Confirms that they are female I guess ..... tee hee!

Bless them, they were working so hard last night, even into dusk!
      awwwww big loves for my bees and their little wings that carry them up to three miles away!

Comment

woo hoo

I went to see the other bloke who wants bees on the lotty today armed with my copy of beecraft, as there was an advert in it for hives with colonies for £100.
        Anyway he took the phone number and kept trying the guy until he answered, although he had sold the ones advertised he said he would have some more ready by the end of june so we have reserved 4 smith hives with colonies.

Beware Greeks bearing gifts, or have you already got a wooden horse?... hehe.

Comment

Wow, well done you! that is very good news indeed.
          Please let us know when you get them home!

Comment

Bee keeping Courses/Advice

Good to hear that more peoples are interested in beekeeping
            I have my own 60 hives for beekeeping in my own agriculture land. If you are very beginner to beekeeping then my suggestions are not to start beekeeping buy purchasing hives but of course you should purchase nuclei rather than hives as it contains at least half the bees, nuclei's are a better choice for beginners. This way, the amateur beekeeper is able to monitor the stage of development of the colony. He won’t have to be immediately ready for a big honey harvest. Persons who undertake beekeeping as a hobby buy nuclei is more often and not hives .
            There are many associations near your area which offers beekeeping courses for beginners and you should search them from Google.
            Beekeeping Courses

Comment

Its very good decision because a beginner in beekeeping should not start beekeeping after buying hives or bees but to start with beginner courses first.
              Beekeeping Courses

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X