Primroses

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primroses

Just been for a few days to Devon, near Bideford. The hedges and banks have lots of primroses in flower. I thought it was a bit late for them? They were very pretty though, the bluebells were out too, and wild garlic and white campions....Then as we came home to Wiltshire the banks had lots of cowslips in them, no primroses.

We had pretty naff weather for the Tues & Weds. We stopped to eat our sandwiches in the car, but we did have a good view! Was windy though, which didn't make having a 'hedge ticket' very easy as the wind blew!

Attached Files
    Last edited by smallblueplanet; 01-05-2008, 08:03 PM.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Just gorgeous SBP. Thanks for the pics. Makes me just want to go and get out there. The banks of the River Ericht (at Blairgowrie, Perthshire) are just covered in flowering wild garlic just now. Will try to get a decent pic and post it.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

The primroses are having a long flowering season this year because it's been so cold. Lovely, aren't they?
      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Wow what fantastic pics! wish I was there! I could look at that sea all day long !
        Thank you for posting them.

Comment

We go to north devon / cornwall border quite a lot camping one site we use is in bude
          ( just outside ) can recomend it, part of it is flat very clean, attached is a chalet park and for an extra couple of pound a day you can use the facility's.
          Primroses are abundant in this part of south devon as well. We used to pick them for mother's day but of course not allowed to now.
          Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
          and ends with backache

Comment

Primroses are out here too. Cowslips just starting.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

The primroses in Devon have been blooming since February! It's lovely sight--primroses,bluebells,celandines,Queen Anne's lace,violets and Yellow Archangel all blooming together on one bank.

Comment

With all this bad weather the primroses on my allotment have been my saving grace. They have been wonderful, the plants have really settled in now and have grown into huge mounds absolutely covered with flowers that keep on coming. They are still looking gorgeous now and the bluebells are just coming out - wonderful!
                The other early flowers I love (apart from hellebores) are pulmonarias and bugle, both are in full flower and the bees love them, the pulmonarias especially.
                Sue

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X