No announcement yet.

Bad bee news

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Headfry, you must be terrified - is there no treatment available?

Comment

Oh god Headfry, I genuinely hope everything is okay...

And on a wider scale that's bad news... bees are struggling to survive as it is at them moment without disease like this
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Maybe Bees bums were the inspiration for the video
        Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Oh Headfry, all my thoughts are with you and wishing for good news from the inspector. How dreadful - is there any kind of prevention if you get the all clear? Thinking positive thoughts for you and your girls.

As if bees generally didnt have a hard enough time ... this is all they need.
          Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Hi guys, no nothing much I can do really apart from fingers crossed. I have followed all the rules of hygiene etc, so just have to tough it out.
            If it's European Foul Brood I might stand a chance of keeping hive and even maybe the
            girls.
            If it's the American one then it's burn the hive and kill the bees.
            big sigh as I typed that!
            HW love the clip made me smile. fab track but, no not like that!
            more like this
            YouTube - Bee Dance (Waggle Dance)
            trying to be brave!
            HF x

Comment

Love the clip Headfry.......love Bees!
              Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
              Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for asking, Headfry my friend (Elaine) is alright now but still gets upset when the anniversary of her losing the flock comes round each year. She has never replaced the sheep but keeps ducks and rabbits instead.
                It is the doom of man, that they forget.

Comment

I don't know you either Headfry but I wanted to add my good wishes and positive thoughts for Tuesday. I too really enjoy your posts and love to hear how your wonderful girls are doing too, you write with a passion and gentleness that is wonderful to read.

Good luck. I have everything crossed for you.
                  We plant the seed, nature grows the seed, we eat the seed - Neil, The Young Ones

http://countersthorpeallotment.blogspot.com/
                  Updated 21st July - please take a look

Comment

Thank you lavenderblue thats very kind of you.

Comment

I don't think the majority of people realise what life would be without bees. For all our sakes I hope all goes well.

Comment

Thinking of you all Headfry
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

That clip of the bee dance is fascinating Headfry. Hope all goes well with the inspection, poor little bees have a lot to contend with don't they.
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

OH NO! poor bees! poor headfry!
                            fingers and toes crossed for you, have you told the bees why the inspector is coming or will that just scare them?
                            poor things, we will be thinking of you all.
                            Yo an' Bob
                            Walk lightly on the earth
                            take only what you need
                            give all you can
                            and your produce will be bountifull

Comment

Headfry, wanted to add my good wishes for Tues. Just watched the bee dance on Youtube. Truly fascinating.
                              Do it! Life's too short

http://for-you-dad.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yoanbob, I will tell girlies tomorrow, I am sure they wont mind (someone new to sting )
                                My troubled mind does stray to my little box of mischief over on the plot.Tuesday can't come quick enough, although I am worried about the possibly out come.

Thank you all once again, you have been very kind with your thoughts and words. Have a great weekend
                                HF
                                x

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X