Growing newts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeannine View Post
    Janeyo, I've been wondering about exactly the same thing.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that if Great Crested Newts are living somewhere it can't be developed - might be worth checking with the Wildlife Trusts, they know about that sort of thing!
    A village in Leicestershire (Earl Shilton) has had £1.5 million added to the costs cos they found a handful of great crested newts.

I think I know exactly what is going to be released on our site over the next few years.

Comment

Hmmm this is very interesting.

I have already been spreading the rumour that there are newts (total lie but a 'good' one) lol.

janeyo

Comment

They only problem is if you don't have the right conditions for them they won't survive no matter how many you hatch and grow on so habitat improvement is the first thing then they may move in anyway
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

We had Great Crested Newts in the outdoor swimming pool at a hotel I once worked in. We would cover it in the winter at just let it stand. Come the spring the fire brigade would come and pump out the pool for us- training for them.
          Once the water level was down to inches they would set about saving all the GC newts- loads of them! Firemen rescuing little newts.....makes a Headfry go weak at the knees.
          Bless, and whats more the firemen were really into rescuing them and the whole nature side of it!

Comment

At our last house we had the usual small wildlife pond in the garden. A great crested newt appeared one day - she had ambled down from the local golf course (where we new they were breeding) at least a quarter of a mile away. No wonder she had little legs!
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Wagland View Post
              I'm sure this guy is kosha - he's one of the UK's leading herpetologists.

Yes, I did have to look that word up
              Thought that was someone who studied a rather nasty embarrassing disease!
              Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X