My little bit of heaven

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nick the grief
    On the way back from the Chippy last Night I had a Tawny owl fly at me out of the dark...
    Have you detailed your 'close encounter'?

Tawny Owls - Autumn Survey 2009
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Managed to get out to the greenhouse toady & noticed a Red Kite circling the house. What a beautiful bird, so glad they are venturing into the cities.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

How cool Bigmally - maybe it was after the turkey carcasses?!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
          Have you detailed your 'close encounter'?

Tawny Owls - Autumn Survey 2009
          certainly have
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            Managed to get out to the greenhouse toady & noticed a Red Kite circling the house. What a beautiful bird, so glad they are venturing into the cities.
            I think these are the ones that Harewood House did a reintroduction a few years ago with the RSBP & its been really succesful, we sit on the lottie & watch them regularly its a fantastic sight
            The love of gardening is a seed once sown never dies ...

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Mum View Post
              I think these are the ones that Harewood House did a reintroduction a few years ago with the RSBP & its been really succesful, we sit on the lottie & watch them regularly its a fantastic sight
              I believe so HM........It was worth waiting over 50 years to see one.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Coming back from the village this morning with a load of bakery baps for the dickey birds ( out of date free) on the road was a Covey of Partridge i haven,t seen any for ages.
                It was Pheasants yesterday i think some body must be feeding them..jacob
                What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Whilst going on walkabout this morning i saw a Muntjac Deer the first one i have seen since last september a nice surprise him in the corner did not see it he was hiding behind me some body had fired a shotgun some where and he don't like bangs .
                  When it moved away and i carried on walking he smelt where it had been it got him a bit exited....jacob
                  Last edited by jacob marley; 26-01-2010, 06:05 PM.
                  What lies behind us,And what lies before us,Are tiny matters compared to what lies Within us ...
                  Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Don't blame your dog for hiding Jacob, wonder if the owner of the shotgun was after the muntjac? They're pretty little things aren't they, I've never seen one though, I don't think they've spread as far as here yet.
                    Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

Saw the Muntjac again this morning we might be having a young one again this year only saw it twice last year the young one that is...jacob
                      Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

I have just seen the first baby Rabbit of the year he/she must have been in the nest under the snow.
                        It makes you wonder where she found the food to make the milk to feed them.
                        I just remembered some thing i saw when the snow was here a Magpie having a snow bath i could not work out what it was doing but it was having a snow bath i have never seen that before..jacob
                        Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

The noisiest little bird in the woods returned back today The Chiff Chaff nice little bird but noisy..jacob
                          Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Just found this thread how lovely i regularly see deer as i walk my dogs usually on a morning see loads of phesant and some partridge loads and loads of hares they seam to be pairing up at the moment not seen them boxing yet though not very good with bird types but some that have come the last couple of days are black and white with longish tail feathers they seam to eat of the floor as i'v not seen them on the feeders and there is something very noisy building a nest in the barn will have to try and get a look and report back

Comment

I saw the first Peewit (lapwings) that i have seen for about 4 years on a field that has been freshly ploughed .
                              Other people may see them all the time but they have gone scarce around here .And have not heard the Curlew yet this year rather unusual..jacob
                              Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Well had a good week wildlife viewing 3 fox's 1 badger the first 1 for ten years and a muntjac all within 200 yards of marley towers...jacob
                                Ralph Waide Emmerson

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X