March hares

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• March hares

Anyone seen any hares jumping about in the fields yet???
    I know there are a couple of days to go.....
    Last edited by pigletwillie; 29-02-2008, 02:33 PM.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

I haven't seen a hare since I moved into town a couple of years ago. I used to live in the sticks and there used to be one (I'm sure it was always the same hare ) who hopped along the country lanes ahead of me when I went running early in the morning.
    Resistance is fertile

Comment

Yep, last Saturday, OH saw a couple in a field 1 mile from Beckhampton roundabout, they weren't boxing.

Last one I saw was sitting on the Avenue near Stonehenge.
      To see a world in a grain of sand
      And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Not seen any hares yet but Mum and Dad have frog spawn in the pond as of 2 days ago and the toads have been hanging around.
        Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

i saw 2 last month walking my dogs in the fields and one ran past me about 10ft away all 3 dogs went into terrier mode and bolted to give chase called them back in ( to my surprize they came ) just about to put the first lead on and b****r me if another didn't go by closer so off they went again . Thank god again they came back no probs.
          I'd rather regret the things i've done than regret not doing them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by samw04
            ....Thank god again they came back no probs.
            Well trained.
            To see a world in a grain of sand
            And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Saw one on Leicester indoor market today.... which I guess means they must be active.

Mark
              http://rockinghamforestcider.moonfruit.com/
              http://rockinghamforestcider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haven't seen any hares but did spot an 'unseasonally' early bumble bee this week!

Comment

There are quite a lot of hares both in and around the farm I grow on, but haven't spotted any yet this year - last year I had three hares and leverets in my field - will happily shoot most birds and animals that threaten my crops but will make two exceptions - hares and grey partridges.
                  Rat

British by birth
                  Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
                  http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Saw one here in Tingwall last week still with its winter coat on - pure white! Stood out like a sore thumb on the (sort of) green hill.
                    ~
                    Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
                    ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

Not seen the hares about locally yet (usually see them in the fields hereaboutrs from March onwards), but plenty of wabbits, we've frogspawn in the pond on plot 1 and daffs are definitely flowering on the plots! Seems spring is just about here!
                      Blessings
                      Suzanne (aka Mrs Dobby)

'Garden naked - get some colour in your cheeks'!

The Dobby's Pumpkin Patch - an Allotment & Beekeeping blogspot!
                      Last updated 16th April - Video intro to our very messy allotment!
                      Dobby's Dog's - a Doggy Blog of pics n posts - RIP Bella gone but never forgotten xx
                      On Dark Ravens Wing - a pagan blog of musings and experiences

Comment

We usually see them on the local grass fields but haven't been that end of the village lately. There's no end of strutting pheasants about though!
                        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I've never seen any hares locally but we did once almost trip over one sitting in it's hollow on a golf course at a hotel we were staying at!
                          Into every life a little rain must fall.

Comment

I'll keep my eyes peeled tomorrow as we're venturing to Suffolk, always seem to see more of them there than here in Essex for some reason!

Comment

Saw one on 14th Feb. in the garden.

One of the few days that I got up before it was light
                              Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X