Confused

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused

So this is a random one might be really daft, but I found an egg in amongst my black bags of leaf mould and dried evergreen leaves. Still all bagged up but ripped opened assuming by wildlife... I found an egg, I definitely didn’t put eggs in my compost heap which is in the next bay, just incase it attract rats. Has something hidden this here? I thought it was a potato and picked it up at first

Probably a fox has stashed it intending to come back. They are likely to have young round about now so will go for birds and nests.

Comment

Yes, the foxes bury eggs in any soft soil/compost piles here, quite strange when you find them

Comment

One of my colleagues found a whole leg of lamb once!

I used peanuts to get foxes close for photos. Peanut plants then appeared in various pots.
        Riddlesdown (S Croydon)

Comment

I take it this a hard shelled egg like a chickens? further south from you, Grass Snakes often lay eggs in compost, but their eggs are soft and leathery.

Comment

The ones on my plot, are hen's eggs, I think from the garden that backs onto the allotments near my plot. Did find a pretty blueish one once, also about hen's egg size, though

Comment

When the fox got my ducks many moons ago my neighbours got a few shocks one had a large wing, one had an egg in a pot and I dug up a couple of eggs ages later in the veg patch. I hate that they just kill everything and stash it but it is quite funny where they stash these things.

Comment

Yeah @Burnie it was a hard shelled egg, must be from a garden nearby, as no chickens aloud on our plot sadly �� maybe this is partly why.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X