Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also going with fox, may have heard something under there

Comment

Have you put any BFB down,a fox might think there’s something tasty in the soil,if there is a fox.

Comment

Is there any poo any where in that area? poo is easier to id than a hole
        Also has the smell changed in that area. I used to have a fox where I used to live that destroyed a couple of scented plants but then it would scent the area

Comment

Wet the soil until it's good and muddy tonight, then check for footprints tomorrow
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
            What else was planted around the area of the hole?
            Japanese wineberries, gooseberries, red valerian, lady's mantle, and a climbing hydrangea. But it really looks to me like the goal was to go under the fence, not to attack a specific plant.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              I wouldn't bother with digging in bricks as if it wants to come in it may start another hole further along the fence line. Try chicken wire to start as you would on a chicken run and see if that helps.
              I actually wouldn't mind creating a hole myself for passage in a more convenient location if it keeps digging its own. The previous neighbours, for unknown reasons of their own, planted a conifer hedge 50cm from their side of the fence, so they wouldn't even notice. The main issue is that the neighbours have a dog, and if I leave or create a hole it might escape into my garden.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdub View Post
                If it is a badger it would be digging up stuff like bulbs to eat.
                We lose the odd bulb every year, which I've always assumed was mice or squirrels. But we've never had big holes dug under the fence before, or for that matter within the garden, which makes me think it's something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                  Have you put any BFB down,a fox might think there’s something tasty in the soil,if there is a fox.
                  Not anywhere near there. I did use a bit while digging over the soil in the greenhouse, prior to planting out the tomatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                    Is there any poo any where in that area? poo is easier to id than a hole
                    Also has the smell changed in that area. I used to have a fox where I used to live that destroyed a couple of scented plants but then it would scent the area
                    I don't think I've seen any new / different poo. We get regular donations from the neighbourhood cats, and from birds such as pigeons. The issue is I'm not enough of a poo-expert to know if fox or badger poo looks significantly different to cat poo or not.

Comment

A poo chart https://www.wildlifetrusts.org/wildl...y/identify-poo

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Wet the soil until it's good and muddy tonight, then check for footprints tomorrow
                        Good idea! But there's been nothing over the last couple of nights, so I'd have to turn that corner into a permanent bog just in case...

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          That is quite cool! I'll keep an eye out.

Comment

I reckon it's a fox that dug it.
                            Easyist way to find out is set a camera up.
                            You may be surprised at what else is using the route, I was when I set a camera up on mine, so l've left it alone.
                            Feed the soil, not the plants.
                            (helps if you have cluckies)

Man v Squirrels, pigeons & Ants
                            Bob

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X