Removing honey with the bees still in the hive

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing honey with the bees still in the hive

Am interested in getting into keeping bees, especially after seeing how easy this is to get the honey out without disturbing the bees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbMV9qYIXqM

What does everyone else think?
    Last edited by seanjamescameron; 28-02-2015, 09:51 PM.

A lot of people seem to think its a good idea. They've crowd-funded it to the tune of 3 million dollars - way more than their target :cool

Comment

Yes: beekeeping is easy and bees never swarm and you can leave open honey jars and the bees will not touch them and it's a;ways warm enough for honey to flow of its own volition and bees don't propolise everything...

Comment

It was the child, dipping her finger into the flowing honey that made me dubious. In a real world she would have been surrounded by bees
        Also, I thought that the bees would spend a lot of time and energy repairing the damaged cells, time that should have been spent collecting nectar.

Comment

Originally posted by thehortchannel View Post
          Am interested in getting into keeping bees, especially after seeing how easy this is to get the honey out without disturbing the bees....
          What does everyone else think?
          What do I think?

Gotta love those Aussies...or are they Kiwis?...they'd sell the idea of snow to Eskimos...

edit - oh, and I see they've trademarked the word "flow". Does that mean we can't use it any more?
          Last edited by mothhawk; 01-03-2015, 04:21 PM.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

On a serious note, even if this system works, and even if it works with UK honey, which is made from flowers a great deal different from antipodean flowers and has different viscosity, crystallisation times and so on, that still doesn't preclude having to care for your bees in a responsible way, which means you still have to open the hive.

Have a read of this page which offers both pros and cons for the flow hive
            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
            Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X