Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kki
    Originally posted by Herbsandveg View Post
    Those are really good questions, Marchogaeth, and one's which, if I'm honest, I hadn't actually addressed. I think my main motivation for doing this is simply because it's just 'a good thing to do' in general, and because I'm genuinely fascinated to learn more about these creatures as closely as I can. I have very real concerns about the future of bees in general, and all the more so since Russia - apparently - told the US that they'd be prepared to go to war over this problem...

Singapore News Alternative: Russia Warns Obama: Global War Over “Bee Apocalypse” Coming Soon - Report
    Ah (he said, talking to himself) I've just found this report, which puts my previous report (that Russia was mightily miffed about our bee friends) into perspective...Sorry to have created an unwarranted mini drama for a nanosecond or two, but I really thought this was genuine at first...Anyway, I got an email tonight saying the bees are on their way - presumably 'in the post' and not making their own way up to Yorkshire under their own steam - so that's the best news of the day on this story (apart from the fact that it's not going to cause a war)...

snopes.com: Russia Warns Obama: Monsanto
    Last edited by Herbsandveg; 03-06-2013, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Must admit, native bees are interesting to me now too. I shall put researching them onto my evergrowing list of interesting things to look at.
      Ali

My blog: feral007.com/countrylife/

Some days it's hardly worth chewing through the restraints!

One bit of old folklore wisdom says to plant tomatoes when the soil is warm enough to sit on with bare buttocks. In surburban areas, use the back of your wrist. Jackie French

Member of the Eastern Branch of the Darn Under Nutter's Club

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X