No announcement yet.

Celeriac - am I daft to try ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ours germinate in the house but it's a drawn out affair. The first to pop up are already pricked out into single cells and are making nice little plants in the greenhouse. New ones, (all sown at the same time) are still germinating.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Have brought the modules into the house. Will see if that gets them germinating. If not will start another batch.

Comment

Just noticed three tiny seedlings have come through. Can’t believe anything that small turns into celeriac. Mind you the seeds were so wee.

Comment

Have got 5 tiny seedlings through. Don’t want too many but will sow another pot just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Anyone got an update on their celeriac? My germination was a bit patchy but between the two loads I sowed have probably got about 8 so enough for my experiment growing them. I planted out a few of the bigger ones in the beds last weekend and just one has snuffed it. They are still really small though. Not much more than a few cm.

Comment

10 seedlings were planted out on the allotment about 2 weeks ago. They're all still there, now about 10-15cm each in size.
              Just in case something goes wrong, I've got another 10 seedlings as backup at home. Variety is Prague Giant if I remember correctly.

Comment

I sowed some and none germinated. I will try sow some more I think! It was Monarch seeds that I used.
                https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Sorry, annie8. My intentions were good but that was as far as I got. Will follow this thread with interest in the hope that I pick up some tips for next year.

Good luck, everyone.

Comment

Four rows of Asterix are doing fine so far but the bed is topped with our home made compost, some of which has shown signs of aminopyralid contamination so keeping fingers crossed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Celeriac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	2383985
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...