No announcement yet.

Mulch or compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romance comes in many forms, i think laying cables just to make your wife happy is pretty cool

Comment

He’s in the good books. Unlike my 7 year old who told me tonight that the food I grow in the garden tastes the same as the food you buy in shops. Gutted!

Comment

Grow some 'Good King Henry' make him eat that - they don't sell it in the supermarkets for some reason...
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

What kind of vegetable is Good King Henry?
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
            Can someone help me understand when you mulch and when you compost?
            Mulch means, pretty much, blanket
            A mulch is a layer of *something* which goes on the soil surface, to suppress weeds and to keep moisture in the soil
            Mulches can be made of plastic, leafmold, leaves, grit, gravel, or even dry soil.

Home made garden compost can be used as a mulch, or be “dug in”, although this is of course wrong, because Nature doesn’t dig, she mulches 👍😜

Homemade compost is different to shop-bought, which is sterilised and free of weed seeds
            All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

nature outsources digging to worms, badgers, moles etc...

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                it’s a free one
                Temperate Climate Permaculture: Permaculture Plants: Good King Henry
                All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

FYI For those who don't already know.

Most tree surgeons will happily drop a load of mulch/chippings free of charge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MuLCH 2018  FiNaL  01.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	222.6 KB
ID:	2380164

Comment

Originally posted by rary View Post
                    A perennial leafy green often touted as a perennial alternative to spinach

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

What do people do if they don’t have much time between crops? Am working out and for next year and have a bed that is currently got sweetcorn, little gem and beetroot. Won’t have that clear until October I reckon and want to use it for peas next year. Was planning to overwinter some Douce Provence which will probably need to go in pretty much straight after. Do I just put a load of leaf mould and compost on top of the bed after I clear it and plant the peas straight away ?

Comment

Yep! . .. .
                        He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X