Swiss chard flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swiss chard flowers

It's that time of year again when last year's chard is bolting. I'm obviously still eating the leaves but are the flower heads edible? I reckon they should be but don't know for sure
    Another happy Nutter...

I initially misread your post and went into shock thinking that this years chard was about to bolt

Comment

This year's chard has yet to make it out of the seed packet so bolting already would be quite impressive
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Mine had bolted, but I didn't think about eating them! - just dug them up today, to grow something better there instead

Comment

I have looked as I have some of last year chard and beetroot flowering. Comments on this blog say yes Eating Whole Food: When Chard Bolts « Deborah Madison the blog is more about using the stems.
          They are such lovely flowers, definitely going to leave some to grow next year.
          Elsie

Comment

Originally posted by elsie-scot View Post
            I have looked as I have some of last year chard and beetroot flowering. Comments on this blog say yes Eating Whole Food: When Chard Bolts « Deborah Madison the blog is more about using the stems.
            They are such lovely flowers, definitely going to leave some to grow next year.

That's one to try, thanks Elsie I'd not thought to eat the flower stems.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Might give them a go...
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X