No announcement yet.

Show us your bits..........

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cad - you assume I can do all that. Nope is the techthick answer.

Just imagine a small corner with a yellow bushy thing, a red tree thing (Acer) and loads of purple flower thingies (Comfrey) and then you will imagine what I see.
    X
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
      I like looking at my ceanothus,you can see it from where I’m sitting in the house & you can see it from moon it’s so big
      That's glorious, JJ. How did you get it to grow into a proper tree instead of being shrubby? I used to have one, but it kept expanding across the garden until I had to take it out because it took up so much of my precious small space.
      Last edited by mothhawk; 18-05-2018, 07:28 PM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        Cad - you assume I can do all that. Nope is the techthick answer.

Just imagine a small corner with a yellow bushy thing, a red tree thing (Acer) and loads of purple flower thingies (Comfrey) and then you will imagine what I see.
        X
        or rest your head on your shoulder and look at Lumpy's "bits".

Comment

Feeling a bit guilty about being nosy, but too lazy to post any photos myself - so here's one of the laburnum at the back of my cottage - you could hear the bumbles working the flowers from a fair distance away.

Last edited by nickdub; 18-05-2018, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Hmm, where to start... I dare say my choices would be different next week!

Last year's snackbite orange pepper plant (red and yellow are similar):

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2378317

Balconi yellow tomatoes:

Name:	001.jpg
Size:	105.6 KB
ID:	2378318

Cauliflowers!

Name:	2018-05-18_203523.jpg
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	2378319

Ok, so I bought these as plants, and they haven't yet produced an actual cauliflower head yet, but they are about 100 times bigger than any cauliflower plant I've grown before. Variety Maybach.

Clematis Miss Bateman:

Name:	004.jpg
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	2378320

My favourite flower - dodecatheon meadia, pink and white varieties in full flower:

Name:	2018-05-18_203943.jpg
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	2378321
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

This is the view from the kitchen table, where I sit whilst typing my posts to the Vine.

Name:	DSCF9622.jpg
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	2378322

All the important things are there (except the dogs). GH No 1, a thermometer, dog's fur feeder for the bird's nests, pansies to make me smile, fat feeder for the birds. In the background, the path to the chooks' run and beyond, and an apple tree.
              In the foreground, my gardening shoes ready for action - there are 6 shoes actually (I don't have 3 feet). Sometimes I take a mismatched pair just for the silliness of it!
              It doesn't matter what the weather is like or the time of day, it always makes me happy to know that all the weeds out there are mine.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                This is the view from the kitchen table, where I sit whilst typing my posts to the Vine.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80388[/ATTACH]

All the important things are there (except the dogs). GH No 1, a thermometer, dog's fur feeder for the bird's nests, pansies to make me smile, fat feeder for the birds. In the background, the path to the chooks' run and beyond, and an apple tree.
                In the foreground, my gardening shoes ready for action - there are 6 shoes actually (I don't have 3 feet). Sometimes I take a mismatched pair just for the silliness of it!
                It doesn't matter what the weather is like or the time of day, it always makes me happy to know that all the weeds out there are mine.
                I did wonder why you were growing shoes on the fence!
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I'd show you my bits but I don't think I can post pictures from a phone.
                  The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                    That's glorious, JJ. How did you get it to grow into a proper tree instead of being shrubby? I used to have one, but it kept expanding across the garden until I had to take it out because it took up so much of my precious small space.
                    It would be nice if it was by skilful technique but I just cut out all the dead growth that was either caused by being in a shady north facing border or because of my pruning non skill (they’re awkward that you can only prune into the growth you can’t cut them right back) then I was left with the top section that I barely touched just in case. It would be easy for anyone to do,by removing the bottom branches,they do end up huge this ones about 18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
                      I'd show you my bits but I don't think I can post pictures from a phone.
                      Try cutting a bit off the photos to resize them then they should upload?

Comment

I was going to say "It doesn't even seem able to find any of the photos stored on the phone, let alone choosing one to upload" but the I tried one last time and it miraculously managed a thumbnail of my Cardinal de Richelieu last summer
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Sylvan; 18-05-2018, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Name:	20170713_122737.jpg
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2378330

It won't let me upload the picture of last year's raised beds
                          We had put up some windbreak netting, up to about 8ft high, and then planted an Albertine rose and a honeysuckle in front of it for extra shelter. There'd been a foxglove in one of the pots and it thought we'd created the perfect spot for it, so it grew taller than me (though admittedly that isn't terribly hard to do ) so the bumblers decided to move in en masse. Definitely my favourite spot last summer.

Anyhoo, here's a picture of my 35p rosemary instead. Quite pleased we allowed the woolly bears to share the blueberry plants with us, even though it probably reduced the harvest a bit, cos one of them came back to visit after he was all growed up
                          Last edited by Sylvan; 19-05-2018, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I find that about 1/3 of the photos that I take with my phone won't upload because there is a limit of 2MB size on this forum. I have to take a screenshot of the photo and upload that instead.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X