Warning for those with seedlings and young plants in hot weather

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    Don't let the seedlings sit in the blazing sun through the window or you'll cook them - never mind how much water you give them. Best to move them away from the window when its this hot.
    That'll be what's wrong with mine then

Comment

My pea-shoots do seem to be recovering a bit, but also flowering so they are going to find themselves in a salad today or tomorrow!

BEFORE:

Click image for larger version

Name:	sadpeashoots.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	2377390

AFTER:

Click image for larger version

Name:	peashootsrevived.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	161.7 KB
ID:	2377389

Comment

I emptied my seedlings out the GH this morning and left the in partial shade not ideal but I've been out all day. They'd have been ok in the GH if I'd have potted them on so that's tomorrows job.

self-contained Its good your pea shoots have picked up
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by self-contained View Post
          My pea-shoots do seem to be recovering a bit, but also flowering so they are going to find themselves in a salad today or tomorrow!

BEFORE:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79768[/ATTACH]

AFTER:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79767[/ATTACH]
          Good to see they have recovered. I find pea shoots start flowering after a while. If they do I leave them to it and get a few peas a couple of weeks later.
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
            Do you find those room thermometer/humidity sensors are any good outside? Mine's pretty useless for getting the ambient temperature as it seems to be impossible to avoid direct sunlight. I've got the flap on my blow away completely open and it thinks it's 53C!
            I rigged up a shiny foil shade # in front of mine to avoid the sunlight effect.

# as in foil from a pre prepared chicken meal

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X