Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just made sure:
    Deja vu:
    The feeling that the situation currently being experienced has already been experienced in the past.

Otherwise described as:
    "Veggiechicken" and "decluttering".

How is the previous decluttering progressing?
    Wasn't that one also get rid of all old seeds and scatter them to take their chances?

Comment

You're correct, Kirk, I have done this once or twice before.
      My GHs are full of random sown old seeds like this!

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9481.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.3 KB
ID:	2377078
      Yesterday I "sowed" a jamjar full of carrot seeds, the day before it was old beetroots. One day I'll be able to sow fresh seed like normal people do.

Comment

I’m trying to keep away from seed displays anywhere I go as I end up like a kid in a sweet shop and buy stuff I don’t even need!

Regards Rob

Comment

Ah I was crafty in my seed decluttering this year... I bagged them up and left them on the sharing table over the allotment for some other sucker, ahem, person to sow!

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
            Some of my seeds are clearly getting past it, notably the cabbages, all except one of which failed to germinate, and the one that did has grown upside down. I'm sowing batches from old packets to use as microgreens - if nothing happens they get chucked out.
            I'm also over sowing and using as micro greens? With my older seeds.
            Also shared a few with my friend. That doesn't really count because she's going to be sending me some in return

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
            I’m trying to keep away from seed displays anywhere I go as I end up like a kid in a sweet shop and buy stuff I don’t even need!

Regards Rob
            Welcome to SHA (seed hoarders anonymous)

Comment

I feel so inadequate......................I don't have any old seeds..................runs off to find counselling.
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I have this argument with Husband over bread: we're constantly eating stale bread because it's "still edible". While the nice, fresh bread goes stale...

Comment

I have to admit, I'm worried.
                  I've "lost" my carrot seeds - all of them. They were in a blue icecream box with a broken lid so I moved them into another container - and I can't find it anywhere. Can't even remember what it looked like.
                  If anyone finds a box of carrot seeds, could you give them a stern talking to and put them on the next bus to sunshiny South Wales, please.
                  Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                    I have to admit, I'm worried.
                    I've "lost" my carrot seeds - all of them. They were in a blue icecream box with a broken lid so I moved them into another container - and I can't find it anywhere. Can't even remember what it looked like.
                    If anyone finds a box of carrot seeds, could you give them a stern talking to and put them on the next bus to sunshiny South Wales, please.
                    Thank you.
                    You could always use this as an excuse to buy some nice fresh seed...
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Relax, everyone, I've found the answer! I was one step ahead of myself and have already binned/aka scattered the old carrot seeds (2 days ago). I wondered why there were so many carrot seeds in the jar.
                      Must be getting old and forgetful - like rary.

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1569587
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 05-04-2018, 01:56 PM.

Comment

I shall be emptying all my packets of veg seed older than "sow by 2017" into an ice cream box this weekend, giving them a good mix round, then scattering the lot on my small veg plot, and grow what may. Veg sowing done for the year
                        Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                        Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X