No announcement yet.

Charlotte and Desiree Potatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iv'e enough challots left for a row also pentland dell, pink firs, and some sarpo mirra that i'll put in when it's cooler later in the week !

Comment

None of mine are in yet...intending to get them in this Wed, Thurs, or Sun....depending on the weather.
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I haven't planted mine out yet. They'll be going in in the next day or three. The key issue, I think, is how big are the chits. If they're still a nice healthy length, then why not now? For assorted reasons, mine are six weeks later than last year, but at least I know they're not going to get nipped by frost.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          I haven't planted mine out yet. They'll be going in in the next day or three. The key issue, I think, is how big are the chits. If they're still a nice healthy length, then why not now? For assorted reasons, mine are six weeks later than last year, but at least I know they're not going to get nipped by frost.
          My chits are only between about 4-8mm long!

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

I noticed this morning that there are flower buds on my Desirée (three pots on the left). No flowers on the three pots of Charlotte though...

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180508_083638 spuds.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	2378141
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Due to the cat problem we have, (in one of my posts), we have stopped our hobby but wondering......we still haven’t planted the Charlotte and Desiree yet. Is it too late? I might risk a few in pots, not that my wife will eat any but just wondering.

What do you think?

Kind Regards.............Rob

Comment

Rob seeing as you've got the potatoes and somewhere to plant them you might as well do it, you've nothing to lose only your time, and if you don't get the dreaded blight you'll have a some dinners to enjoy.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Dynamite, would give it a go, nothing to lose

On another note I found the biggest garden pest (cats) thread very useful and was disapointed it was closed. If you have a new solution anytime please start another thread. Seaweed worked on my new asparagus bed for a while but has now worn off.
                  Last edited by It never rains..it pours; 13-06-2018, 04:47 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
                    I noticed this morning that there are flower buds on my Desirée (three pots on the left). No flowers on the three pots of Charlotte though...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]80147[/ATTACH]
                    What lovely, healthy looking plants!
                    https://beingbears.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X