Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when you feel overwhelmed?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got to the stage where anything that is done is a celebration NG.

Talking Ted being administered to is a triumph both for yourself and your children. Go on force yourself to shout Whoop Whoop as it always makes me feel better.

Today I supervised the OH sowing very short rows of radish, beetroot, carrot and turnips soooooooooo

Whoop Whoop!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

This is the story of my life at the moment. What I find useful is to write down a list of what I have to do but break it down into sub tasks. I have to set up a new compost area this weekend so instead of just writing that, I've done:

Level ground
      Empty existing compost bin
      Build new compost bins
      Put unrotted stuff into new compost bins

Because each task in itself is a victory if achieved, and that spurs me on.
      Last edited by WeeGarden; 28-03-2018, 10:42 AM.
      http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Sun is shining, had a wonder, trying to work out where to start. So came in for a cuppa

Hope you are all having a nice easy day

Comment

My bolt hole is my allotment. With having chooks I need to be there regularly so I am able to get summat done each time I am there. Other aspects of my life overwhelm me, but my allotment..............no!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
            Sun is shining, had a wonder, trying to work out where to start. So came in for a cuppa

Hope you are all having a nice easy day
            We could be related NG but we have done quite a bit over the last 2 days. However, I only ever do what I want to do because if I force myself into action the results are normally not worth the effort in the first place.

My OH also has serious chest problems and I started saying that he should only potter for 15-30 mins (depending on what he's doing) and then he come indoors and plays his ancient games station with his oxygen on for 30 mins.

Then back out again and I've found that by restricting my time to coincide with his comings and goings I feel far less swamped and also seem to do more.
            Have a try with a 30min rampage then rest and reflect for 15-30.............I would recommend it.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Thanks Lumpy. In all fairness I have been good this week it is just the starting. Once started I have motored on with little problems. Glad to hear you are being sensible and better still it is working for you.

This week I have -
              Striped the grass from two new beds
              Planted out the mallows I lifted ages ago.
              Planted out some odds and ends in the front border
              Cut the grass in the back garden, half the flower patch and the path in the meadow patch.
              Done flowers everyday for the flower cart
              Cleared most of the fumitory from the woodland patch (aka bottom of the ash tree)
              Cleared the grass and weeds from one side of back border
              Cleared the majority of the fence line in the drive and planted some poorly lavender I had forgotten about.
              Done morning slug squishing in the greenhouse.
              Mulched another bed.
              Pulled some stray rasp. suckers.

So rather pleased. Just need to keep it up now.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X