No announcement yet.

Hi can you help me with this chili plant

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Reefer, if it were mine I would cut it down below the fork in the plant.
    Pot it up into new compost and give it a feed of chilli focus or tomato feed.
    It will soon sprout new leaves and branches and will be a healthier plant.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Hi Reefer, if it were mine I would cut it down below the fork in the plant.
      Pot it up into new compost and give it a feed of chilli focus or tomato feed.
      It will soon sprout new leaves and branches and will be a healthier plant.
      ok i cut it down it now looks like this is that ok ?
      https://imgur.com/ITtxjAh
      It will have to wait for new compost and some food though

Comment

Got a litre of chilli focus on order from amazon so im looking forward to trying that out.
        I have been reading carbonated water is good for plants and i have a little stockpile of that in the kitchen i'm going to try that out , It will also make measuring the chilli focus ratio easy.
        I have tried to germinate some seeds from one of the chillis i dried last year as a little project and intend to use the carbonated water bottle's i usually throw away as pots / cheapo green houses

Comment

The pruning job is good even if it looks a little drastic. I agree with Bramble, you should get lots of new growth soon and it should bush out well. It will be a better shape in the long run with hopefully more fruiting branches.
          Last edited by Scarlet; 02-03-2018, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            The pruning job is good even if it looks a little drastic. I agree with Bramble, you should get lots of new growth soon and it should bush out well. It will be a better shape in the long run with hopefully more fruiting branches.
            Hey thanks yeah it really need cutting back it i cant imagine what it would of ended up looking like if i hadn't.
            I think i made a bad mistake though by watering it after i hopped it. It already had plenty of water and now the soil is still pretty damp even 3 days later.
            Should be strong enough to make it through though

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X