Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If You were only allowed to grow 2 types of Veg...?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
    I have carrots because they are my favourite veg and potatoes because I can't buy most of the varieties I like in the shops (and if I can they don't taste as nice).
    Welcome to my world.
    Gp
    Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
      Courgettes just because they're such amazing looking plants, and so productive.... and because the fruits (yes, fruits!!) are so versatile in the kitchen.
      Kale because the season is so long, there's always something to eat from the plot if you grow kale.
      So, Admitting to one being a Fruit,What is your second VEG choice .?
      Gp
      Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Aubergines!
        He-Pep!

Comment

My first choice is peas because my grandmother loves them and is so happy whenever I bring her some. I wanted courgettes as my second choice since I love cooking with them and because they provide so much food. Since we are not counting them I pick spinach as my second choice because I love the taste.

Comment

If we're saying that tomatoes are fruit, so don't count, then my 2nd choice to go with runner beans would be peas, peas for all the world

Comment

So, if tomatoes and courgettes are fruits not veg, are peas and beans veg? Technically they are seeds either in or out of their pods.

If you are allowed beans, which are seeds inside pods, why are you not allowed tomatoes which are seeds inside fruit?

Its all rhubarb (technically a vegetable) to me!
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

French beans and onions.
                I would have said toms , but I'm glad they're not included cos I actually struggle to grow them because of the dreaded blight.

Why those 2?..well we eat stonks of beans and allow some to pod up for the winter, and we eat onions with most meals.
                Last edited by Nicos; 18-02-2018, 09:43 AM.
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

First choice would defiantly be tomatoes the ones we grow Rosella are really lovely and juicy.

As for my second choice this is a hard one. I can't decided between garlic and onions as I have these in my meals everyday.
                  Carrie

Comment

If I was limited to two it would have to be beers :
                    Pale Rider
                    Corby Blond

Plus others ...
                    Jimmy
                    Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

For most useful french beans and leeks.

The ones I love to grow the most? French beans and squashes.

Comment

It'd have to be Peas and Onions for me.

Nothing beats the first Peas of the season, or a nice crunchy pickled onion.
                        "Bulb: potential flower buried in Autumn, never to be seen again."
                        - Henry Beard

Comment

Leeks and carrots - will grow most of the year and stand over the winter if you get the right varieties, so I'll get fresh veg all year round. Soups, salads, side veg, stir fry. Nothing brown or beige for me

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X