No announcement yet.

2018 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylvan, that's exactly what happened to me... Mind you, I just bunged them in somewhere they had to fight it out with french beans and other courgettes, so I'm going to try harder this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      What size are your plants Rary?
      I've only got one true leaf on mine. Not even moved them into the cooler of the polytunnels yet.
      If yours is triffid like already, I'm going to be very jealous
      Big, that's why I needed to plant it out

Sorry SP just winding you up, it has six leaves on it not counting,the seed leaves, it,survived its first night out and now under a Polly tent sheltering,from heavy rain, that's one thing I don't think I will need to do, get a hose or watering,can out to water them, though I think I will need to move an other one out as the leaves are covering a fair area and the other plants need the light
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        Sylvan,sounds like they matbe not got pollinated,as thats what they do,just to be sure,help them out this year,
        Thanks Lottie. Small paintbrush?
        The problem with rounded personalities is they don't tesselate.

Comment

• ^Me I somewhat unceremoniously take a male flower and shove it inside a female flower, make sure pollen has been transferred and leave the male flower there (unless I need it to pollinate other females).

Comment

• Well the one outside survived an other cold night, I am now thinking of putting out a "normal courgette" as I need more room in the greenhouse
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Still nothing on second sowing.
              Have pooped them in the heated propogator now.
              http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by WeeGarden View Post
                Have pooped them in the heated propogator now.
                That should bring them on a treat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                  I have 2 Tromba babies this morning
                  Make that 3 now

Comment

• My first Trombo seedling emerged on Thursday afternoon and today, Saturday, I've noticed another two coming through

Mine are on my south-facing living room window where I can keep an eye on them
                    If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Thanks Snoop (Oo-er missus!)

Rary, what size pot was your gigantic tromba in before you planted it out?
                      I'm wondering whether I need to go bigger than 4".

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                        ^Me I somewhat unceremoniously take a male flower and shove it inside a female flower, make sure pollen has been transferred and leave the male flower there (unless I need it to pollinate other females).
                        Like punch said,thats the way to do it.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylvan View Post
                          Thanks Snoop (Oo-er missus!)

Rary, what size pot was your gigantic tromba in before you planted it out?
                          I'm wondering whether I need to go bigger than 4".
                          My plants are in 4in. square pots, now that its in the ground there not much growth with it, but will wait and see how it progresses

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            That should bring them on a treat.
                            LMAO

Well, they're hungry plants aren't they? 🤣
                            Ahem. Typo
                            http://www.weeveggiepatch.blogspot.com

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              My plants are in 4in. square pots
                              I'll stop worrying then
                              Some of mine are in 4" pots.
                              (Others are in 500g yogurt pots )

Comment

• Here's one of my Tromboncino babies
                                ( middle, front row).

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	2378250

Him and all my outside cucurbits will be repotted before they go out. I want them nice and big before they have to deal with our pathetic attempt of a summer

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X