X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also use tin foil carefully arrange mine lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
      How warm is it in front of the patio doors? It's best to start the seeds off somewhere warm, which is quite often somewhere dark (in the airing cupboard, in my case.) The seeds need heat more than light, but as soon as they have germinated they need light rather than heat (although both is ideal.) I'm talking about chillies mainly but I imagine tomatoes will be the same although don't need as much heat as chillies.
      Hello Mitzi. We don’t have an airing cupboard but there’s several radiators in here. Maybe I’ll put the seeds close to it. Won’t be able to put them anywhere very dark though.

Comment

I’m sooo dumb at times. I just realised I have the heated propogator. I could switch it on and place seeds in a cupboard!

Comment

I don't think they need dark.

Comment

Hello Wheelie, you could put the propagator on the table if the plug will reach. But even with light from midday seedlings can get leggy this time of year. I've got a west facing conservatory that gets full sun from midday on and plants get drawn somewhat in there if sown too early. Things like lettuce in pots or trays and beetroot in modules should be Ok now.

Comment

i use two sets of 2 bulb 4 foot florescent shop lights.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X