This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Bart is a quadruplet!

I’ve a confession mine only got planted up yesterday - I did say the weekend! I’ve been really busy and also had to make a cake

I’m the sensible one

2 x Latah plus an extra few just in case!
    2 x tumbling tom
    Half a dozen rambling red stripe - I couldn’t find any seed and had to go rummaging around the greenhouse looking in my hanging baskets!!
    I didn’t seem to have any small/ Bush tom seed...I’ve put them safe somewhere!

Comment

Oh....I'm in.

Sowed some Roma, San Marzano and self saved Big Daddy on the 20th.
      My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

My 2 Shirleys have germinated today.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

You guys are bonkers!!! : January sowings :

That being said the force is strong and feel drawn toward giving it a crack.

Are you planning on growing in heated greenhouses? What are your methods to this madness?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post

Are you planning on growing in heated greenhouses? What are your methods to this madness?
            I think you will find in most cases they are using the very technical growing technique of winging it and see what happens.

Well that's what I'm doing

Comment

22/01 both varieties sprouted.
              Took off heated propagator last night.
              Plan to transfer to heated greenhouse house tomorrow morning.

Getting interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
                My balconi reds have just germinated The seedlings at the top are French marigolds,they germinated two days ago.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]78275[/ATTACH]
                my seedlings never look like this, defined leaves on a short stem, mine are always long and scraggly with little leaflets

Comment

You guys are bonkers!!! : January sowings
                  Bonkers, but not embarrassed.

In a week or so it will be February, that's when "normal" people start to think about sowing tomatoes, then they put it off until March. By which time we'll have stocky little plants and be waiting for the first tomato flowers to open.

Go on, do it, you know you want to.

Comment

No heat in my greenhouse they go out during the day if it's warm enough and come back in at night if the forecast is for a cold night.
                    So - altogether now..... In out, in out, shake it all about,
                    tomato hokey cockey - that's what it's all about

Comment

My January sown tomatoes will spend the whole of their lives in my house and the first part of it under grow lights. I do this every year - I have tomato plants instead of net curtains in the sitting room window!
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I'm just getting things set up for tomato seed sowing at the moment, I was gonna try one seed of every variety I have (about 10!) to get a jump start, maybe have lots of sideshoots come late spring for potting on too. But I decided to look into some mini varieties for staying in on the window sill, without turning the living room into a jungle like what usually happens! I found a great seed supplier last year from Belgium, vertiloom, and have just ordered 5 new varieties to try this year. Curly Kaley is the one I'm counting on for the windowsills! Might sow a few others too though while I'm at it, always enjoy babysitting the little seedlings early in the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Thelma Sanders View Post
                          No heat in my greenhouse they go out during the day if it's warm enough and come back in at night if the forecast is for a cold night.
                          So - altogether now..... In out, in out, shake it all about,
                          tomato hokey cockey - that's what it's all about
                          Yes, same here - but I'm not doing any cordon toms. Bush or basket ones only as they tend not to get so leggy....and if they do, they aren't so tall and thin that carrying them to and fro the GH isn't such a huge problem.
                          Last edited by Scarlet; 23-01-2018, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SelkirkAlex View Post
                            my seedlings never look like this, defined leaves on a short stem, mine are always long and scraggly with little leaflets
                            How are you germinating them? Where are you keeping them after they have germinated?

Comment

Originally posted by SelkirkAlex View Post
                              Seedlings stretching for light,it’s good you can bury them deep when you pot them on,these plants get off to a good start under the light but the end resulting plant looks the same as a plant grown without the light

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                How are you germinating them? Where are you keeping them after they have germinated?
                                garland heated propagator until they pop up and under an led growlight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X