No announcement yet.

Picked my first ........... 2018

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring cabbage! And cornflowers, enough for a small posy with some chive flowers too.

Dwell simply ~ love richly

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
      Radish pods from last years plants.
      oooh, what do you do with them?
      (he says, having just pulled up the radishes with what I assume were pods on them...)

Comment

Broad beans. I haven't grown these before and picked 2 small pods with 4 beans in each, about the size of large peas. People say eat them raw, but I wasn't very keen, finding the taste a bit strong, but they were better for a couple of minutes cooking.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

My first home grown potatoes grown in pots on my new plot Just tipped them into the saucepan

I felt down the pot and they are like small snooker balls so have emptied one to have a look and got just over a kilo from the pot they have been in nearly ten weeks so I will leave the rest for another ten days or so now

Really chuffed

Comment

Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Radish pods from last years plants.
            Originally posted by bikermike View Post
            oooh, what do you do with them?
            (he says, having just pulled up the radishes with what I assume were pods on them...)
            Mike I just added them to my salad but they can be stir fried or pickled. I always let them go to seed I much prefer eating the pods than the actual radishes.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

First handful of raspberries- just enough for my breakfast this morning!
              Click image for larger version

Name:	D3CF3458-F920-4690-A2F5-859B31072E88.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	72.6 KB
ID:	2378587

Comment

Stawberries for me today... or should I say strawberry singular. This one was not quite ripe but I'm determined to have one before the slugs eat them all (they have already had 3 times as many as I have )
                Last edited by scarey55; 04-06-2018, 06:35 PM.
                A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                  Broad beans. I haven't grown these before and picked 2 small pods with 4 beans in each, about the size of large peas. People say eat them raw, but I wasn't very keen, finding the taste a bit strong, but they were better for a couple of minutes cooking.
                  Did you cook them in the pod - as you would a runner bean?
                  That's what I do. You get more bean for your money that way.

Comment

Raab! I picked a few leaves to put in my pasta this evening, after I fried it gently with garlic and chilli. Never tried it before and it was bloody lovely! I will need to sow some more - they've just gone to seed
                    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      Did you cook them in the pod - as you would a runner bean?
                      That's what I do. You get more bean for your money that way.
                      No, I shelled them like peas. I somehow don't fancy the fluffy inside of the broad bean pods.
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

They're not fluffy when the pods are young - about little finger size.

Comment

Cauliflower! Ok, it was only 2 inches across and was going brown on top and being eaten by a slug (now in the hotbin), but it was the first edible cauliflower I have ever grown.

Comment

My first kale & spinach.
                            Lovely with my tea

Comment

My first cayenne of the year

Comment

First head of lettuce

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse