Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful day today, but I didn't have much time, so I combined taking the dog for a walk and having a mooch on the allotment. The dog was ever so confused when I got into the van to get the key for the allotment, then wanted her to jump back out again haha

Once on the allotment, I gave the rhubarb and garlic that's popped up a bit of cover to keep them healthy.
    I also cleared the polycarbonate greenhouse on the plot next door of all the pots and tools that had been left behind by the previous tenant. I'm not going to get the chance to go there until January again now due to my trip back to Sweden.
    Tonight I'm picking out seeds that I'm taking with me that my sister might like for her veg growing next year!
    https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Nipped to the plot for the first time in a while, just as it got light. Too wet down there to do anything meaningful, but the communal bin was empty for once, so I chucked my shredded blowaway cover and my bag of plastic rubbish away - feels nice to get all that ugly plastic off the plot. Just had time to net my perennial kale plant which has been attacked by pigeons for the last month or so, and spread my gladioli bulbs out to dry before heading to work.
      He-Pep!

Comment

• Set up propagator. 40 cell tray of compost now warming inside. Ready for chilli sowing tomorrow.
        Also brought in a little bag of compost, pots, labels and little watering can. Ready for germination.
        It felt good having compost under my nails again

Comment

• Cut down some of the foliage on the dahlias.
          Raked up all thr dead leaves and did some weeding.
          Planted out two packs of tulip bulbs and two packs of daffodils that OH bought
          Well pleased with my couple of hours work in the garden.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Thread closed.

2019 thread at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...9-a_98349.html

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X