Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn't strictly speaking 100% gardening activity - though one of the trees (there are most of three here) did fall into the field where I carved out my patch for growing veg - so it kinda counts. Not from the most recent storm - from the one in October.

And my back is equally put out by the physical activity!

I'm quite lucky to have a tractor driven log splitter - can you imagine splitting these with just an axe?

There should be enough here to keep both my mother and our own house going for a couple of years
    Attached Files

Comment

Logs are great arent they......you get at least two 'Warms; out of each one ...a Third if you have to stay in bed next day and not burn any ..!! Lol.
      Gp
      Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

I have sowed 2 types of celery along with some tomatoes and sweet peppers plus a tray of execution onions
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Execution onions?!
          He-Pep!

Comment

Should be exhibition but auto correct may have put in the correct word, if they don't grow the way I want them to Tried to edit but can't do it on a kindle, perhaps a good Mod might correct
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Cleaned (well ok, blew the worst detritus off) the heated propagator and brought it into the house - positioning it carefully away from Mrs Balder's beady eye. Sown two types of sweet pepper - one red one yellow - largely for the benefit of a friend/family who are looking to get into gyo.

Planted some daffs that I picked up for £1 a bag - there were about 10% rotten - but the rest seemed good. Apparently I shouldn't eat them (rotten or not)
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

^^ I picked up two bags of daffs for 15p each in Tesc@s yesterday - 80 bulbs for 30p! - did i really need more jobs to do though? Probably not. I expect they'll make me feel guilty every time i see them on the shelf in the polytunnel until March when i finally admit they're past it and chuck them out.
                He-Pep!

Comment

Yesterday I gave the veg planter a dig out and added some of my first homemade compost, getting rid of some rather sorry looking lettuce in the process. Going to leave it now until it's time to plant out. New compost to buy and sowing to commence with Tomatoes and Sweet Peppers.

Comment

Finally got to do something in the garden
                    I've finished weeding the polytunnle bed. Also started sorting self saved flower seeds that have been drying

Comment

Ive been wondering what to sow now & I found this packet of self saved mini sweet pepper seeds,I don't even remember saving them so I'm going to sow all of them with some marigolds,geraniums,balconi red tomatoes & onions asap. Today I pruned my jasmine a bit,its become a giant & I used the cuttings to cover the soil to keep my cat off my growing areas. I checked my hyacinths in the shed,the stems are about an inch long they're looking good at the moment but plants have tricked me before so I'm not going to count my chickens before they've hatched. I might give them a bit of seaweed next time I see them

Comment

Same old ,same old .....sieving and revitalizing compost with BFB.
                        prepared a mix of new Sedge peat, horse manure, john Innes No 1and Recycled compo' ready for new Chillie and other seeds.
                        Never Let the BAD be the Enemy of the GOOD

Conservation and Preservation for the Future Generation

Comment

Covered yet another extra shift at work, thanks to being one of the few not yet struck down by nasty bugs!
                          On the plus side, it should fund a shopping trip to the community wood recycling place for the timber for a raised bed ;-)

Comment

Sowed sweet peas and Begonia seeds today.
                            First sowing of the year.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Sowed some chilli pepper seeds today.
                              Not very many, just a few for hopefully an early crop.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Over on the soggy plot I trimmed the gooseberry, how's the beds (although it was a bit like shoving around mud), took the brown leaves away from the strawberry bed and put cardboard down on my muddy paths before I bark in the spring.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X