Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ha ha ha i`ll send you a pick from my hospital bed ,ok thanks for the tips ill pop up and get it wrapped up ,good luck with yours too
    The Dude abides.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
      It's so exciting when you get that first loop.
      Agreed. And my first loop was showing this morning

Long Green Buddha.

Comment

Thank you everybody for your good advice. Really appreciated. I had a very close look at my plants and 2 had to go (mouldy in quite a few places) but managed to save 50 chillies that will now be hung to dry.
        The other 5 I trimmed a bit and will continue to be cared for... Just counted and there are currently 212 (exactly) chillies on the go.

Some photos below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	chillies5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	2376172

Name:	chillies2r.jpg
Size:	833.6 KB
ID:	2376173

Name:	chillies4r.jpg
Size:	752.9 KB
ID:	2376174

Again thank you and now I am going to plant some seeds for a new variety for next year. Reading avidly all your comments!

Happy weekend!

O.
        Nature is amazing
        Instagram: @frankinkent

Comment

All I have to say Oscar is WOW !
          Whatever you're doing, keep doing it. They are fantastic

Comment

Well I have not sown a single "Chilli" seed yet!

But the prop as been on this last few days, and having just spent a good few hours on the plot tidying the polytunnel and greenhouse from last year n not been there for a few weeks thought I would bring some seed sowing compost home, pot it and bang it in the prop to get warm!

Only to find, someone as nicked all my bags of compost!

The joys of "Allotment's!"
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
              Well I have not sown a single "Chilli" seed yet!
              What you playing at sun shine? Pull your finger out

Wish I could get my garden & tunnels tidy (to wet, cold and windy)

Comment

I'm onit!

But now need compost!

I'm on early doors tomorrow but will pick a bag up on my way home!

And the first one sown will be the "veriegata"

Just coz I like the look of it!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

iv'e sown about 100 chillies & peppers today so I should get a few to germinate from that lot!
                  thanks go out to Mitzi & Chris for the seeds. atb Dal

Comment

Still not decide appart from a few lol

Basque will now be a staple, grows so well outside its untrue despite last years rubbish summer in south wales and i can not praise it enough , really, get it grown.
                    Nigels outdoors and roccoto rouge will also get another shot this year as last season went a bit haywire after my op in july.

I reaally like the look of the biquino yellow so that will be given a shot as will basket of fire and pretty in purple, still pondering other options

Comment

Yeah! Nigel will become a staple for me this year, not only the overwintered plant, but the fresh seed I will set this year, he was just so good for culinary use last year that he may become a permanent resident on the kitchen windowsill along with a "Prairie Fire" and "Basket of Fire" as he wasn't a too large of a plant to warrant space for.

Your "Basque" and "Roccoto" will get a shot upon your recommendations!

Yet to decide on others!

But it was nice to be out among it today, although cold, just nice to be at one with no family dilemma's!

Comment

Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                        i still have a orange hab in my greenhouse up the plot which looks fine ,we havent had any frosts really do you think i should leave it up there or bring it to my flat ? the reason i havent moved it is its in a 30 liter pot and its tricky to move on my bike ,would wrapping it in bubble wrap help ? cheers
                        The main danger with wrapping it in bubble wrap is it might go mouldy from lack of air circulation. If you can do it when frost is forecast and remove it in between, that would be ideal. You could try horticultural fleece instead?

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                          Only to find, someone as nicked all my bags of compost!

The joys of "Allotment's!"
                          Oh no! Did they nick anything else / do any damage? Do you think it's another allotmenteer?

Comment

Originally posted by Dalrimple View Post
                            iv'e sown about 100 chillies & peppers today so I should get a few to germinate from that lot!
                            thanks go out to Mitzi & Chris for the seeds. atb Dal
                            100??? How many plants are you intending to grow? Good luck with them.

Comment

I checked the baccatums overwintering in the garage. Leaves are crispy but stems are green. They are very dry but it was extremely cold today so I didn't really want to water them. Can anyone tell me, should I water them?

Comment

I checked the baccatums overwintering in the garage. Leaves are crispy but stems are green. They are very dry but it was extremely cold today so I didn't really want to water them. Can anyone tell me, should I water them?
                                Mitzi, have you checked underneath the pots i.e. felt around inside a drainage hole?
                                If that feels like there's still moisture there but it's dry up top perhaps leave it for now whilst it's still so cold (and dark I'm guessing). Although another good way to check especially as the leaves have dried up is to sacrifice a branch and cut it off where it's green and healthy looking - if it's starting to become hollow inside it will need a bit of water. I'd add water to the saucer / tray that the pot sits in(?) though so that there isn't prolonged damp around the main stem thereafter. I give each of my pots 300-400 ml every 2-3 weeks, but my overwintering plants are in front of a window of an unheated room so despite winter will still dry out a tad quicker than where I imagine yours are situated.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X