Who's ever grown GIANT pumpkins?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck Griff

If anyone's looking for a cheap and cheerful selection of seeds to have a go at giant or competition growing, have a look here. There's a mixed pack including Dill's Atlantic Giant pumpkin.

https://www.seedparade.co.uk/seed-co...ollection.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
      The pumpkins in the wheelbarrow look great,it's good to hear you've got some seeds good luck with them! If you crop the photos resize to 800 x 600 on Microsoft picture manager it uploads at that size,or if you take the photo from far away,then cut bits off it uploads. A lot of people have problems putting photos on here,takes me ages if I use my camera so I mainly use the ipad & cut bits off.
      Ive only grown pumpkins once they spread about ten foot across the bed & lawn,normal sized though not giants,is it good to do what you do for beans- burying kitchen waste in a trench then planting,it can't be bad?
      I have resized it to 600x800, thanks looks a bit better, still a bit blurry though but probably because I have more than likely sized one that has already been altered. I am doing it from my iPhone so can't really tell if it will look better on a big screen. Thanks anyway.
      Last edited by The Griff; 14-12-2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

This is my progress so far 4'x5'x 2'deep hole filled with manure and then a bag of John Ines number 2 mixed in the top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0826.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	2375921

Name:	IMG_0822.JPG
Size:	234.4 KB
ID:	2375918

Name:	IMG_0825.JPG
Size:	259.5 KB
ID:	2375919

Name:	IMG_0824.JPG
Size:	180.5 KB
ID:	2375920

Going to let it settle and rake level to boards at the side with leaf mould compost.
        Last edited by The Griff; 17-12-2017, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X