Potato decisions

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Shoes View Post
    How you going to prevent you spuds going green when you chit them?

Give them wee coats with eye holes

Ok.. OK.... being good now
    Ya cheeky b@gger !!! .
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Jazzy gets my vote - had a great crop from them last year. Also King Eds did really well for me - just had the last few today. Lady Christl was ok.
      I bought some nice looking seed potatoes this year from local garden centre - half the price of the online suppliers...but they did not have Jazzy....

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
        Might be a daft question, but - from my bag of Charlotte seed potatoes, I've a few that are a bit green.

Should I bin those ones ?
        I've heard that green spuds are less attractive to slugs, so I'd plant the green ones and bin the white ones.

Comment

OK so it is done, arran pilot, red Duke of York, pentland javelin, kestrel and Charlotte all planted yesterday. Planted in that order down my plot if anyone is interested, arran being most westerly. Now to wait until they do their thing. If nothing else we'll have potatoes for longer than last year's just Charlotte planting

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X