No announcement yet.

Making my own soil

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have now topped up the rubble bag with four inches of manure now need to consider what to grow in it I was thinking of growing courgettes, but think I should try something else as well, so I am looking for recommendations
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

What about a few early spuds? They would like the goodies in that bag.

Comment

I started this thread 2 years ago and after reading VC s thread about her woodchip hotbed I thought would let you know how it finished, I did try some pots of compost sunk into use any heat that would be generated but didn't do well. I next tried VCs trombo challenge which I was pleased with I also grew pumpkins for the first time and again they grew well but don't know how they tasted as my grandsons used them for lanterns for this date a year ago. Again this year I topped up with seaweed and 4 bags of manure and again I grew trombo, though not as well as last year still a good crop I also planted courgettes but the less said about them the better I have now emptied the bag and put the soil into a raised bed in the greenhouse and growing winter salad in it. The over all impression of what was made is of good friable soil which is giving good plant growth and I am now looking forward to a good crop of tomatoes next year
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

Where I lead, you follow, rary.

My woodchip pile was moved recently. Some excellent compost at the bottom that has been spread on various beds. The surface layer of woodchips that didn't rot down has been added to the path and the ground beneath the pile has been planted with dahlias.

Comment

^^^^ Yes VC I will admit I follow you, I am a person who believes that there is a lot to be learned from older people

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X