• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
    And they don't come darter than yours VC
    Do you mean "smarter", GL?

or "dafter"?

Comment

Brace yourself VC but this is a serious question....................OK I love the plan but.........alot of the buckets are going to need cloches, fleece etc early in the year so.........if I have a pretty 8x6 oblong of buckets and neighbours are still shaking their heads and tutting its going to be a pretty big area to cover.

Would bucket strips be easier? Say 8 buckets in a row to make covering easier?
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I sat down with shock!!

My early buckets will be in the GH, as its empty now that the toms have gone to the great tom graveyard.
        You can make up any space that suits you.
        If you and I were sensible, this plan would start in March, and run through the spring & summer, tailing off about now ---------but its a BIG IF, and I know I'm not
        Last edited by veggiechicken; 22-10-2017, 01:45 PM. Reason: typo shock

Comment

Sensible is far too overated VC.

I suppose if anyone has a sheltered wall, greenhouse, conservatory (Iwish) etc the buckets could become a year round way of growing for at least one or two people.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9150.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	2375448

Just for you, Lumpy, I've set out 35 buckets/pots in the GH - in an area about 10' x 3'
            I've cut the bottoms of most of the pots as it's better for growing tomatoes, so the pots may be more bendable than those with firm bottoms.
            Hope it gives you some idea how much space they occupy.
            If you planted 2 buckets a week for 16 weeks, you could put them in this space.

As you see, I've already started sowing
            Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X