No announcement yet.

Hops

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed them and asked them what the variety was.

They said it was "Humulus" - I thanked them and pointed out that this the botanical name for hops and not a variety such as "Fuggles" or "Cascade" and each variety add it's own personality to a brew.

They then replied with the above information. It wasn't hard - you think they could spare a little space for those few words on the packaging. Wonder if I should have asked about the grape variety?

Don't know if you've seen this about growing in containers - seems to work for him. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR0WxKCgw_8

Guess I'll run mine up to the top wire of the 8' fence which has six 8 foot posts 8foot apart. The Kiwi isn't doing much this year, and that's on the 2nd wire from top. Figure out something more permanent for next year.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

^^^ genius
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Container grown - from Jimmy's comment might be the way to go then. I happen to have a massive pot that has just been vacated of a dying bush - think that's what I'll try.
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

So has it survived

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X