No announcement yet.

Naga chilli plant question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrinkled leaves are usually a sign of aphids, have they all gone? Double check the leaves. Otherwise they look fine. If they've started toflower don't be surprised if they drop off. They plant looks too small at the moment to carry fruit. If it does fruit at that size don't expect many chillies to form.

If it was me, I'd pick off all the flowers for a few weeks yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
      I have 2 black naga plants. One is on my window sill in a 5 litre pot, the other is outside in a growhouse. I had no more room for it. Im not expecting much from it with it being outside.
      Grown from seed scoot? How big are they? Got any photos?

Comment

Thanks everyone for your responses! I feel a bit more confident and more at ease now knowing I haven't killed the plant as of yet Scarlet what do you mean by pick off the flowers? Do you mean for me to cut them all off? Is that something that would promote a better overall yield? I did hear somewhere that trimming the plant here and there makes the plant stronger but I'm not sure how true that is

Also what can I do to promote growth if the plant? I'm a n00b at this and I've bought some Chilli Focus plant food which I feed once a week. I live in London and the weather's been amazing these past couple of week (apart from today lol) I leave the plant outside and I've seen a growth spurt, which I guess is due to the warm sun.

Any tips/tricks that you spice veterans might want to share? I do love a hot chilli, me

Comment

^^^ Stress is supposed to make them hotter - I watched a programme once where they'd play super loud music to them and allsorts to stress them out and make them hotter!

Comment

infrequent watering and letting them wilt before watering stresses the plants and makes them hotter

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Grown from seed scoot? How big are they? Got any photos?
              Yeah. I got the seeds from you. You thought the black naga might be crossed with a trinidad scorpion.

Heres a picture or two...

Not sure if im allowed to upload like this but here goes...

Comment

That's a lovely looking plants. Nice one

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X