X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday

Build two new compost bins and create 4 new beds
    Last edited by Greenleaves; 17-11-2017, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• There's not much for me to do in the garden this weekend. I do need to fertilise everything, though, so I'll get that done some time today.

Comment

• Tomorrow's job - put my brand spanking new and utterly brilliant solar light up in the shed.

Cheers Cad !!
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Friday jobs
          Put strawberries back on fence for the day and back in the cold frame tonight - put them out but not back in as the forecast was for min of 4 (actually 7.3) - will be much coder tonight.
          Harvest salads, carrots, 1 possibly ripe strawberry - managed to grab a carrot and bring the strawberry inside. I've put it next to ripe tomatoes in the hope of ripening the bit near the stalk, which is still green.

Work has gone bananas at the moment and I will be lucky to get much done for the next week or so, so if I am a bit quiet you will know why.

Weekend jobs
          At my friend's:
          Remove dead cucumber and beans
          Weeding if time

At home:
          Move begonias from cold frame to their winter place in the garage as foliage dies back
          Remove dead bedding plants, clear up leaves
          Harvest salads, carrots, possibly kohlrabi
          Check calabrese, brokali, kale
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• You work as well Penellype ? ..... Wow !!!
            .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
              You work as well Penellype ? ..... Wow !!!
              Part time, from home - customer service which can be very variable. At the moment things have conspired to mean that I'm getting a lot of emails to answer due to changes beyond our control, and at the same time there is new software to test. Makes for a busy life, but I'd much rather it happened now than in spring or summer!
              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Today probably, hopefully, maybe
                Cleaning out ferrets
                Put automatic door on the chicken house
                Get the shredder out again
                Finish weeding in tunnel

Comment

• Going to be a bit wet over the the plots I think so might just have a chill day

Comment

• My apologies - I've been a bit slack this week. Blame it on the weather.

Today, so far dry, so I'll catch up on a few jobs and tonight, I'll find the seeds for tomorrow, which is the start of Fruits week. That'll be Peas and Broad beans to sow.
                    Tidy Bed 19 (used to be 3 smallish beds before I expanded my territory and had to merge some beds).
                    Clean/declutter summat with an S = Sitting room.

Tomorrow the old woodburner is being replaced and the chimney lined at the same time. The chimney breast is being enlarged and there's going to be a bit of mess I need to clear the area of dust gathering "junk" first so today's S will be "Sitting room".
                    Wish me luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      Today probably, hopefully, maybe
                      Cleaning out ferrets done
                      Put automatic door on the chicken house done took longer than expected
                      Get the shredder out again done
                      Finish weeding in tunnel not done
                      Tomorrow weather depending the jobs I didn't do today

Comment

• If it's nice I might have to cut the grass again, even after the frosts it's still growing.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          Today, so far dry, so I'll catch up on a few jobs and tonight, I'll find the seeds for tomorrow, which is the start of Fruits week. That'll be Peas and Broad beans to sow. DONE
                          Tidy Bed 19 (used to be 3 smallish beds before I expanded my territory and had to merge some beds). DONE
                          Clean/declutter summat with an S = Sitting room. - LATER

Tomorrow the old woodburner is being replaced and the chimney lined at the same time. The chimney breast is being enlarged and there's going to be a bit of mess I need to clear the area of dust gathering "junk" first so today's S will be "Sitting room".
                          Wish me luck!
                          As above for tomorrow. Not sure what will happen or how much free time I'll have.

Comment

• Looks like it's going to rain here today so it will just be a day for general tidying up of my garden spaces.

I should plan what I'm going to put in the new bed which I'm getting for Christmas, but that's fairly dependent on how the currently planted stuff is going.
                            Last edited by lolie; 19-11-2017, 08:06 PM.

Comment

• It's raining a bit here today,we had a frost the other morning I had to scrape the car but my nasturtium,dahlias,geraniums & nemesia are still flowering,I'm surprised they survived that. Today Ive got to do some hand washing then give my parents a lift of what they need to do,then hopefully I'll have time for more painting of my hole in the wall,I need to send my tomato seeds to the seed circle I'll get it sorted now before I go out,then I can post it as well.

Comment

• Weekend jobs
                                At my friend's:
                                Remove dead cucumber and beans - done the beans
                                Weeding if time - no

Harvested celeriac and kohlrabi and brought home some windfall apples.

At home:
                                Move begonias from cold frame to their winter place in the garage as foliage dies back - no
                                Remove dead bedding plants, clear up leaves - done a bit
                                Harvest salads, carrots, possibly kohlrabi - done carrots and some calabrese shoots
                                Check calabrese, brokali, kale

Decided to tip out and get rid of the 4 remaining pots of wild strawberries (the first one I did a while ago was infested with vine weevil). To my relief there was no sign of grubs in the compost, so the earlier one must have been a rogue batch (or pot) that survived the nematodes.

Did more planning for next year on the grounds that its nice to have some more buckets to use (ordered 6 a while back), but unless I plan where to put them I am likely to be stacking them on top of each other!

Monday jobs (wet and likely to be busy at work)
                                Likely to be restricted to cooking the apples for the freezer and harvesting salads.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X