No announcement yet.

Tomatoes for small spaces

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surely Tumblers are too large for this? I'm into my 2nd year growing them and my plants this year are already 2ft high and a 3ft spread. Lovely plants and Toms though

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
      Out of interest, VC, but not quite on topic: how do you get seeds sown so early (in December) to germinate and keep going despite the short day length? Do you have grow lights?
      I always sow toms in Dec/Jan whether they thrive or not! I just need to sow something that makes me think of summer.
      Usually they're on the window sill as its only a couple of plants and I can move them round.

Comment

Just bought a Megabyte plant from Wyevale to fill up my growhouse. This is described as a dwarf tall plant (!) by which I think they mean a cordon not a bush. According to Suttons who supply seeds, they grow to 30-40cm high, which is hardly tall for a tomato.

I've not tried this variety before but I'm intrigued to see how it can possibly produce 20-30 beefsteak sized fruit on such a small plant.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X