No announcement yet.

Tea's - Compost, Manure, Weed, Grass

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I do a liquid feed cocktail tea of grass, Compost, Manure, weed etc, should I add urine to it?

Regards.......Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
      If I do a liquid feed cocktail tea of grass, Compost, Manure, weed etc, should I add urine to it?

Regards.......Rob
      It will do no harm but in quantities that mean the urine will get diluted about 20:1. Be careful not to overfeed your plants, it's better to get the soil very healthy and allow them to feed themselves with a balanced diet. I use concentrated urine as an activator in compost, on woodchip piles and in my leaf mould cage.

Comment

Does anyone know if any of the Tea's we are talking about go off?

I am planning on bottling mine up and storing it in my shed. I anticipate me probably storing for maybe 6 months to a year.

Regards............Rob

Comment

I have comfrey on draft and concentrate left over from last year and I use that before the new lot starts producing, it still appears to do the trick.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
            I have comfrey on draft and concentrate left over from last year and I use that before the new lot starts producing, it still appears to do the trick.
            Cheers Cadders

Comment

I'm still using last years comfrey concentrate. Handy to be able to five the onions a feed before the first batch of the year it ready. Infact my last bucket of comfrey from last year was still dribbling concentrate well into this year (it was chocka block full of comfrey and was still breaking down)

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
              ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
              ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

I think I might be alright keeping it then. I was going to use it right through all seasons, not just Summer, will that be ok?

Regards Rob

Comment

Does anyone know if Manure Tea goes off/out of date at all?

Cheers .......Rob

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite View Post
                    Does anyone know if Manure Tea goes off/out of date at all?

Cheers .......Rob
                    It depends if you're making an aerobic or anaerobic brew. Aerobic brews such as compost tea or sheep poo tea made with ingredients containing live bacteria and molasses need using immediately. Anaerobic brews such as comfrey or nettle tea (usually the ones that stink) can be stored.
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I have been using this stuff Instant Compost Tea with added Nano nutrients

It seems to be working well for a lot of people and I wanted to try it myself, also got the pepper feed that they do, I was keen to try the nano aspect of this particular feed, I am using on half of my stuff so will be able to give an unscientific result later in the year.. just thought I would give it a mention here in case anyone else wanted a nice easy way of using tea on steroids

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X