No announcement yet.

Jerusalem artichokes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are spocksavers when they are at home?

Comment

Spocksavers = Specsavers Opticians.
      You're the 2nd person this week to think Bren in Pots is a He - when She isn't

Comment

^^^ Bren - you might have to start taking that pot off periodically...

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
          ^^^ Bren - you might have to start taking that pot off periodically...
          You just need look below the pot at Brens chest to realise she's a she! Or is it just me who is drawn to female chests?
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Snadger - are you wearing a pot too - under your Tshirt?

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Snadger - are you wearing a pot too - under your Tshirt?
              Nope, and i didn't steal a wok up my jumper from the chinese supermarket either!
              Last edited by Snadger; 10-05-2017, 02:24 PM.
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Its rude to stare Snadge!

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                  Its rude to stare Snadge!
                  I've typed five differnt answers to this, but all were inappropriate!

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Sorry for not getting back to you all about my JA. I had almost given up hope (I planted them two and a half months ago). Five have now come up and they are definitely the real thing. Thanks for all your help. Is it normal for them to take so long to emerge from the soil? I thought they grew like weeds!

Anton

Comment

I am sure they will be up quicker next year and the year after that

Comment

January, maybe February.

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                        No real idea as this is the first real time I'm growing them (killed them offers time).

Mine are up but they are in a bath and two buckets which may have helped. How well drained is the bed they are in?

Where abouts in the country are you? I put mine in at the end of March.
                        Hi Jay-ell

The Jerusalem artichokes are about a foot high and were planted in January as in the previous year. Straight in the ground here on the suburbs of Newcastle upon Tyne, they grow like weeds. Although of course with their long growing season it will be quite a while before they're my height i.e. 6ft 3ins (circa 1.9m!)

Alexander aka Sandancer {guess where I was born?}

Comment

One didn't want to make assumptions based upon a persons name - however at least now you've moved up to civilisation.

From what I've seen the JA's are going to dwarf you getting up to as much as 12' tall.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X