No announcement yet.

My Garden patch thats needs revitalizing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe. I call grape hyacinths weeds, but I only call Spanish bluebells weeds. Glad they are nothing like my pics

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2372265Click image for larger version

Name:	unnamed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	2372266

Comment

Canna Products

Has anyone used Canna Products ?

Comment

They're bluebells but I can't tell whether they're native or Spanish. As weeds go, they're not the worst!

Comment

Thats the area I want to cultivate if possible with some veg do you think I can ?

Comment

Well that looks wider than 2ft but if I was in your position, being relatively new to GYO with limited space I would definitely have a go at Square Foot Gardening. Assuming you have a 10ft x 2ft area that would give you 20 areas to try different veggies. You would then be able to see what works & what doesn't. You'll be surprised what you can grow in that space if done properly.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Tarragon2017 View Post
                Thats the area I want to cultivate if possible with some veg do you think I can ?
                You'll need to remove the bluebells first and do it before they set seed or they'll spread further.

Comment

I was thinking of sorting out during the summer months as I am a little busy at the moment with work etc.

But I was thinking of hoeing the weeds out then digging out the soil , then putting a generous daily fertilizer water for a week and prob once a fortnight until I decide what to grow in the autumn , and mix up with some rockdust 2. Any thoughts

Comment

You need to dig up the bluebell bulbs before you do anything - or they'll be back.
                    No point watering fertiliser on the soil unless you have something to fertilise there. If you want to improve the soil, get some manure and/or compost and spread that over the bed.

Comment

Tarragon have a read at this older post until someone comes along with more info.

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1482731
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

How much do you fertilizer soil ?

How much rock dust should I do

Will the soil being full of pebbles be a problem ?

Comment

Thanks I am thinking of getting Canna coco coir not sure about the fertilizer etc , would you recommend

Comment

Stop worrying (I officially ban you from being an advertisers dream. Do not buy any lotions, potions or any product that claims you need it! - Really you don't!)
                            Get digging (if you can get a garden fork in the ground start lifting and give the bulbs away)
                            Start planting (just bung some cheapy veg seed in and see what happens you might be surprised if you really feel you haven't got time cover with paper/card to stop weeds growing)

Comment

Hahha point taken ok hahaha and thank you norfolk

Comment

I agree with Norfolk grey - you don't need all this stuff you're asking about. They're not miracle fixes. You have to put some time and effort into your garden, preparing the ground. Remove the "pebbles", then see what condition the soil is in! Top it up with compost/manure if you're concerned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X