No announcement yet.

Growing in weeds - another daft idea!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me, I would take the sane solution by hiding it all in a corner in a heap with weed control over the top and a hog house encased within.....................I go all gooey eyed at the thought of hoglets rampaging around the garden.
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

On my new plot 2 I have a 'hill' in front of my man cave that I'm finishing building. According to my neighbours a previous plotter had a habit of removing the top layer of weeds with some soil and dumping them where the hill is now sat, I'm now in the process of removing the hill and using the soil to earth up my spuds. Tell you what the soil is quite dark and is really good texture and condition when I dig a spade full and dump it in the wheelbarrow to transport to the spud area using it should ensure I get a bumper crop. I would give it a go with a load of weeds in a tub and see what happens.
      The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

last year I stored a load of new cow muck in some 1ton bags so it could mature ,I covered the muck over with black plastic bags and pressed the plastic down to make bowl shapped depressions with slits in the bottom and planted courgettes into the muck ,they grew realy well and the plastic kept the courgettes off the muck,if you cover the weeds with about 6ins of soil then plastic you should be good to grow,the plastic makes them self watering with condensation from the bottom and rain from the top ! I put stakes on each corner and fasten the handels to the stakes with tie raps so it keeps the bag square hope this helps .
        atb Dal
        Last edited by Dalrimple; 24-04-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X