No announcement yet.

Do you have an Allpotment?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a great wee thread - I must have missed it before.
    .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

I don't think it matters how big the plot is you manage, there's always room for a few potted fruit/veg/flowers!
      I have pots of elephant garlic, chrysanthemums,passion fruit,blueberries,garlic chives, three grape vines, and other oddments of flowers and shrubs plus probably others I have forgot about!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Anyone with access to a bit of ground, even if its a balcony or driveway, can grow in pots. Just one pot with a few herbs or salad leaves can make all the difference to your meal.
        Be warned, One pot leads to another .................
        Here's my Potato Potment ready and waiting for this season

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9047.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	192.7 KB
ID:	2376258

Comment

That's the way I am going this year VC, we don't eat enough spuds to merit growing them in open ground.

Comment

Too many tree roots and shade in that patch for much to grow there. Plus lots of mice/voles.
            Last year I started the MFBs elsewhere and moved them onto that patch later, just to keep them together. This year they can stay put!

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Too many tree roots and shade in that patch for much to grow there. Plus lots of mice/voles.
              Last year I started the MFBs elsewhere and moved them onto that patch later, just to keep them together. This year they can stay put!
              Downside will surely be diminished crops and susceptibility to drought? Also sides of pots will get very warm so you may be harvesting pre-cooked spuds
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Excellent thought, Snadge - ready cooked spuds. How energy saving is that!

Comment

Yep, I'm an Allpotter except for 2 small raised beds (one x half metre) and one (half metre x half metre).

I'm also a Basketeer with a wall basket and 4 huge hanging ones.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

I'm starting my allpotment this year. I do have a nice big raised bed for some stuff, but potatoes and runner beans will be in pots and buckets.

Both these crops are thirsty, so I'm about to invest in some automatic watering equipment. Anyone got any recommendations for this? I'm tempted by this system because it promises to water all the pots equally instead of just favouring the ones nearest the tap? It's not cheap though...
                    http://www.easygardenirrigation.co.u...tem-25-dripper

Any thoughts from Allpotmenteers welcome!
                    Last edited by Greenleaves; 22-01-2018, 07:11 PM. Reason: Repaired link
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X