• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will do V/C.

Comment

Originally posted by mic View Post
      Carrots, corn, spuds, cucumber and green beans

I wish my greenhouse was that tidy, well done..

Comment

salad blue ,highland burgundy and charlotte are all showing now (9 tubs) and the fruit tubs all seem to be in blossom, first year for honeyberry so we will get to see what they taste like, it looks like being a bumper year for figs and apricots, I must just wait for them now..

Comment

I finally managed to get hold of some last month, and last week I sat and lovingly drilled holes in them all for drainage (if you use a reasonably small drill bit they dont shatter). Yesterday I did two tubs of chantenay carrots, splitting and transplanting the seedlings by hand. I'll probably go back over and do some more tomorrow, and possibly transplant some dwarf french beans into another couple of tubs.

Comment

I use a metal skewer heated in the gas ring or with a blow lamp to put the holes in

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Well... the remnants of last year's tomato plants were in mine until this week. Soon, hopefully, to be filled with this year's lot. I usually grow Charlotte potatoes in them too but seeing as no one actually wants to eat them, I'll give them a miss this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
                I use a metal skewer heated in the gas ring or with a blow lamp to put the holes in
                If you make the holes in the side of the buckets instead of the bottom you can create a reservoir for water. About an inch up from the bottom they are also much stronger in that area.
                Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

My razzer ruby beautys have gone in MFBs this weekend. Feels like progress!

Comment

The kids spent the weekend planting their seeds in them, my daughter (9) went for wild strawberries, Echinacea and marigolds. My son (3) went for chives (I told him to get his own as he is always in the garden eating mine). I put in some wild garlic and something else I cant remember.
                    Be Vegan

Comment

Potatoes and some dwarf green beans, may plant mint in one.

Comment

Kale, potatoes, and more carrots.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Mine are providing temporary homes for strawberries, asparagus, courgettes, squash, rhubarb, gooseberry and a blackcurrant - they're very busy!

One chilli has managed to wangle its way in - the rest are still deciding whether or not 5 leaves is more than enough and no more are needed - then they'll be heading into their MFB's for the rest of the season

Comment

For the first time this year, I've hung pots along the side of my polytunnel with strawberry plants in them, got really early strawberries.

When they're done, I'll replace them with trailing tomatoes (fourth pot already replaced)

Click image for larger version

Name:	polytun - 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	2372924

Comment

Potatoes
                              I forgot when i planted themClick image for larger version

Name:	P1000425.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	2372962Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000426.jpg
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	2372963Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000427.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2372964

I only took a few out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                                Potatoes
                                I forgot when i planted them[ATTACH=CONFIG]74063[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74064[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]74065[/ATTACH]

I only took a few out.
                                Brilliant..........Well done you!..................
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X