Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mic View Post
    You should see the size of my pumpkins!

The bottom fed planters are great, I reakon it's down to the never ending water supply.
    After a boast like that, you just have to post a photo.

Comment

• Rubbish picture but 3 pumpkin plants outside

412% of statistics are made up.

Comment

• Due to the distinct lack of anything resembling a summer, and the lack of growth/ production from all of my outdoor cucurbits. Drastic ( and very Heath Robinson) action has been taken!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	2373388

My squash & sunflower bed now has wind brake round it.

Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	2373389

Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	2373391

Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	2373390

Pumpkin & courgette bed now with a cloche over it with an automated watering system.
        Both ends are open so things can still get in to pollinate. The cover will come off if we ever get a sunny, wind free day ( so never ).

Comment

• Courgette plants now in final positions in large tubs. They had to wait for the strawberries to finish fruiting before moving the tubs around. Now the courgettes are getting more sun, they're starting to grow strongly.

Borage plants growing nearby for the first time this year, so hope that also helps attract pollinating insects. Most of the plants have at least one fruit on them, and could start picking them any day now

Pleased with the Rugosa Friulana which I'm growing for the first time this year. Fruits are starting smooth and getting more wrinkled and bumpy as they get bigger.

Name:	20170718_161737 RF.jpg
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2374000

Rugosa Friulana Squash | Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds
          Last edited by Chris11; 19-07-2017, 11:57 AM. Reason: Adding Pic

Comment

• Still picking the occasional courgette although it's been a disappointing season generally with weather affecting yields.

Hand pollinated some flowers this morning, which is the first time I've ever done that

Plants are still healthy and powdery mildew under control, so still optimistic of some more fruits.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X