• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Casblanca
    Anya
    Charlotte

Comment

I am going to try a row of Pippa potatoes this year too, this is our first spring with an allotment and I'm keen to try and fill it up as much as I can! I've never tried these before but they are supposed to be similar to pink fir apple - a waxy salad potato, 2nd early.

All the seed spuds are still chitting in trays in the greenhouse apart from the casablancas which I have recently potted up in little pots in there, no sprouts showing yet though.

Comment

I am growing blue kestrel left from last year,pink gypsy, apache, nadine , blue Belle ,red Duke of York, anya ,Lady Christle and Charlotte., also red king Edward. And also sarpo

Marion

Comment

Dunluce first earlies, Charlotte second earlies.

For steaming/pressure cooking in both cases.

Comment

This years varieties are;
            Lady C - best taste boiled
            Arran Pilot - good yield & good taste boiled
            Charlotte - haven't grown before but sound good
            Red duke of York - great for making wedges as they don't absorb oil like other earlies & great boiled too.
            Rooster - first maincrop potato I tried last year,they were that nice that I'm growing them again,great on the barbecue for jackets or roasted in the oven,haven't tried them for mash but I imagine they'd be great for anything.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X