No announcement yet.

Growing veg in bucket size pots?!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your buckets are 11" diameter and 14" tall. If they have straight sides they have a volume of 21.5ltrs this of course will be much reduced if the have tapering sides say as little as 15ltrs depending on the degree of taper.
    Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
      If you are going to put Q's etc in the buckets you have it might be worth finding something you can use as water trays to stand them in. They are very thirsty plants that need feeding regularly so if you put the water and liquid feed in a water tray it helps save time.
      Lumpy if you melt holes in the buckets usually four or in my case flower buckets about 10 - 15mm up from the bottom then the buckets themselves hold water and no need for trays. A small dia. plastic pipe can be placed so you can bottom water as well.
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
        Lumpy if you melt holes in the buckets usually four or in my case flower buckets about 10 - 15mm up from the bottom then the buckets themselves hold water and no need for trays. A small dia. plastic pipe can be placed so you can bottom water as well.
        Ta for that Cad but I was thinking that it is quicker and easier to pour water in a trough. It also means that water does not get near to the plants main stem so cuts down the chance of it rotting through being repetitively watered.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X